Special Education Aide - 18+ Program - 22-23 School Year
Assist the teacher in meeting the instructional needs of students with disabilities. Work under the general supervision of the principal and the immediate direction of a certified teacher.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 48-College Credit hours or
- Highly Qualified Paraprofessional Certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Experience working with students with disabilities preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform routine classroom tasks under the direction and supervision of the teacher in assigned classroom.
- Help the teacher supervise students during times of transition and on the playground, bus, and lunchroom.
- Assist the teacher in preparation and use of instructional materials. Duplicate instructional materials as needed and provide classroom clerical operations.
- Work with individual or groups of students in a variety of educational experiences providing instructional exercises and instructional drills under the supervision of the teacher in assigned classroom.
- Assist students as needed with physical needs such as diapering, positioning, feeding, etc.
- Collect instructional and behavioral data as instructed by the classroom teacher.
- Provide any information requested by teacher(s)/administrator(s) for the development of the student’s IEP.
- Assist in the implementation of the behavior intervention plan as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Follow all campus procedures regarding absences, leaving the campus, etc. The paraprofessional shall not leave the classroom without informing and receiving approval from the teacher.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher and/or principal.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student information.
- Audio Visual, copier, and computer
- Uses wheelchair, lift, ramps, and assistive technology
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Frequent standing; stooping; bending; kneeling; pushing and pulling
- Heavy lifting, 45 pounds and over, heavy carrying, 45 pounds and over, pushing, kneeling, and repeated bending
- Regular heavy lifting of students
- Normal office environment
- Exposure to communicable diseases
IDEA-B Formula funds provide supplemental resources to LEAs to assist schools to provide high-quality education that will enable students with disabilities 3 to 21 years of age to receive a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) and to meet the state’s student performance standards.
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.