About This Role:
This position reports to the Director of the Center for Resiliency. Primary responsibilities include the management of the Faculty and Industry Training Program; Managing the Resiliency Center’s Information Clearing House specialized database; Building and managing the Center’s contact lists; and assisting with the periodic Request for Proposal issuance and process management. Duties include Event Planning, Web Page management, and the distribution of announcements and invitations to upcoming events.
What You’ll Do – Position Duties
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Manage faculty, community, and industry training/outreach program implementation.
- Building and managing the Center’s distribution/contact list to be used in newsletter distributions, as well as distribution of announcements and invitations to upcoming events.
- Assist in periodic RFP issuance and process management.
- Manage Event Planning – symposia, Summit, monthly meetings, roundtables, board meetings.
- Set-up IT/equipment for presentations to various groups.
- Arrange for Webinar Conferences (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, other systems) to include sending out mass invitations, managing communications and running the conferences in the background.
- Webpage management, editing, formatting – e.g., Center for Resiliency webpage.
- Create and manage electronic and paper filing systems for all of the Center’s activities, including research projects/funding/decisions, outreach efforts, training programs, travel, and associated expenses.
- Manager the Center’s periodic Newsletter.
- Work with LU’s Marketing and Communications Department on the Center’s announcements.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the university.
Who We Are:
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.
Benefits – Job Perks:
At Lamar University one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
What You’ll Need to Succeed – Minimum Qualifications
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
Minimum Education Required:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in business administration or related managerial field preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, positively and with diplomacy in person and via electronic communications (Emails, Web Pages, Webinars, Newsletters, etc.).
- Ability to follow established standard operating procedures and/or policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to create and manage an electronic document filing system.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Regular physical attendance required.
- Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Typical schedule is M-F 8am-5pm; with some after-hours work. This position supports essential functions of the Center for Resiliency and may occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.