About This Role:
Lamar University is inviting applications for the position of Program Coordinator – Port Management. This position reports to the Executive Director, Center for Port Management, and supports the Director in the planning and delivery of the Center’s three main activities: fully online, master’s degree in port and marine terminal management, continuing education and certifications, and research. Primary responsibilities include the management of the Center’s MS in port and terminal management program, coordinating the Center’s research program, managing the Center’s continuing education program.
- Office administration, including purchasing, filing, travel, scheduling, communication.
- Manage academic and continuing education programs, including advertising and recruitment, registration, student program scheduling, and other issues
- Manage Center’s outreach to faculty and staff, media, industry, and other local, regional and state-wide constituencies.
- Building and managing the Center’s distribution/contact list to be used in newsletter distributions, as well as distribution of announcements and invitations to upcoming events.
- Assist in periodic RFP issuance and process management.
- Manage event planning – symposia, Center’s summit and monthly meetings, roundtables, Advisory Board meetings.
- Arrange for webinar conferences (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, other systems) to include sending out mass invitations, managing communications and running the conferences in the background.
- Webpage management, editing, formatting.
- Create and manage electronic and paper filing systems for all Center activities, including research projects/funding, outreach, training, travel, and other expenses.
- Manage the Center’s newsletter.
- Work with LU’s Marketing and Communications Department on the Center’s announcements.
- Hiring and supporting adjunct faculty
Typical schedule is M-F 8am-5pm; with some after-hours work. This position supports essential functions of the Center for Port Management and may occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Who We Are:
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes:
· Health, dental & vision insurance
· Life insurance
· State of Texas Retirement plans
· Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
· Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
What You Need to Succeed
A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in business administration or related managerial field preferred.
A minimum of four years of related experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and pay attention to details
- Excellent communication and ‘customer service’ skills
- Office management skills, including budgeting, and oversight of faculty and staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, related software and ability to learn new systems.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prolonged periods working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Regular physical attendance.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, four years of experience in higher education directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- MBA or MA/MS in business administration or related managerial field preferred.
Salary: $40,000 - $46,000
Job Posting Link to Apply: Lamar University | Program Coordinator - Port Management, #443442