- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Fluency in foreign language for LOTE teachers
- Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and mange their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Assess student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP). 7. Work with other members of staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aides(s) and/or volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing. 12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook. 16. Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
23. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
24. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
25. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
26. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees, as requested.
27. Perform other duties as assigned.
-Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment;
P.E. teachers: automated external defibrillator (AED)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling, and twisting; frequent walking
- Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
- Exposure to childhood communicable diseases; good general health and stamina needed - May work prolonged or irregular hours
- Work inside, may work outside - Regular exposure to noise
- Working conditions may vary pursuant to Americans with Disabilities Act
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer