Counselor's Clerk - Attendance Intervention
Facilitate the efficient operation of the counselor's office and provide clerical services to the counselor assigned. Monitor student attendance and facilitate intervention protocols put forth by campus administration. Identify students with attendance issues related to social/emotional issues, or in need of counseling assistance and direct those concerns to the appropriate grade level Counselor.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge in typing, word processing, and file maintenance
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Basic math skills
- One to three years of secretarial/computer experience in public education environment preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Organize and manage the routine work activities in the counseling office.
- Perform varied typing tasks in the preparation of correspondence, forms, reports, etc. for the counselor.
- Assist in compiling information for preparing various reports for the counseling office.
- Exercise good telephone etiquette, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff. Maintain long distance telephone log.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents as appropriate.
- Maintain a filing system for the office.
- Ensure confidentiality when required.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks including simple arithmetic calculations.
- Keep informed of and comply with all state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
- Project a good model for students in dress, demeanor, and speech.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward life and students.
- Display punctuality, congeniality, dependability and efficiency.
- Exhibit exemplary ethical and moral behavior.
- Cooperate fully with colleagues in shared responsibilities.
- Show tolerance for peer differences and promote harmony.
- Share experiences, ideas, and knowledge with peers.
- Seek advice and counsel when needed.
- Monitor daily attendance of students.
- Identify students with attendance concerns or patterns of absences.
- Provide intervention protocols to students in need at the direction of School Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Personal Computer, typewriter, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Normal office environment
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.