Marketing and Multimedia Specialist
This position is responsible for overseeing all marketing and multimedia activities for the district. This person will develop marketing goals and is responsible for designing, creating and delivering marketing programs to support district goals and objectives. This position requires a candidate that can work both with a team and independently with minimal supervision in order to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, graphic design, communications or a related field.
- Three (3) years or more of successful experience in marketing, graphic design or related field.
- Internship and freelance experience will also be considered if paired with an extensive portfolio of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management.
- Must have a high sense of creativity and ingenuity.
- Computer literacy in website management, graphic design and video production.
- Experience using DSLR or other photography/videography equipment.
- Must be proficient in Associated Press (AP) style.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to perform research, prepare publications and promotional literature.
- Ability to compose a variety of publications and marketing materials under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia and multifaceted communication strategies and techniques.
- Experience taking concepts/ideas and creating multimedia content.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to proof and edit documents quickly and efficiently.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Meeting strict deadlines, daily attendance, punctuality at work are essential functions for this position.
2. Design online and printed publications, including the district’s internal and external newsletters, brochures, programs for special events, email marketing and other publications.
3. Ensure that all creative marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand guidelines.
4. Produce campaign analytics reports as required
5. Manage the Beaumont ISD external and internal website.
6. Coordinates branding and developing of marketing campaigns.
7. Develop and execute marketing programs
8. Shoot, edit and write content for videos using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, or other editing software.
9. Ability to strategically market district campaigns and see through from inception to press. Must be able to creatively write content and then create a finished product to be sent out for marketing purposes.
10. Plans and conducts market research to identify marketing opportunities.
11. Ability to head up marketing projects within deadline and budget.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Light lifting and carrying, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, repetitive hand motions; frequent bending and stooping
- Prolonged use of computer
- Normal office environment
- May work prolonged or irregular hours
- Travel within and outside of the district.
- Some night and weekend activities required.
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.