YOUTH LEADERSHIP GOALS AND OBJECTIVES (8th Grade Program)
- Build self-esteem through participation and accomplishment.
- Define leadership qualities and focus on leadership skills.
- Provide an opportunity for middle school students to network with students from other campuses.
- Inspire students to seek advanced education.
- Provide information about career options.
PARTICIPANT SELECTION CRITERIA
- Eighth grade students are to be nominated by their English teachers and final selections are to be made by the counselor and members of the youth leadership committee. Participants selected should be those who have “untapped” leadership potential and who have not been previously recognized.
- The teams from each middle school is to be heterogeneous with reference to gender and race/ethnicity.
- Participants must have no other personal or school commitment on the day of the youth leadership program.