Join the SETX YPO atRockin' A Cafeon Thurs., January 26th for luncheon with featured speaker Greg Corkran.
Greg’s career began as a building materials estimator and sales representative at a local building material company. Observing the business owner’s entrepreneurial skill, he determined, early on, that business was the career path he wanted to pursue.
Greg left the lumber business to assist in the design and construction of a church complex which further incentivized him as a serious builder, business innovator and jobs creator.
It was during this time he purchased his first car wash. Managing an extensive refurbishment and grand opening, his attention to mechanical detail and insistence on reliable operation ensured repeat customers. The property was soon determined to be one of the best of its kind in the area.
This was only the beginning … Greg acquired and managing 50 rental properties beginning early 1985. From that point he found a calling that would fully exploit skills he learned in the lumber business. He now oversees an enterprise that includes building, developing, purchasing and/or selling the following:
• Three State of the Art Climate Controlled Storages – totaling over 1400 spaces
• Six Full Service Mobile Home Parks - having a capacity for over 875 homes
• Heavy Equipment Rental - servicing over 12 refineries and chemical plants
• Seven State of the Art Full-Service Car Wash facilities
• Managing over 325 employees
• Co-Built and Co-Manages a Townhouse & Apartment complex - 157 units
• Currently planning an extensive 70 acre up-scale housing development
Aside from this … he doesn’t have a lot going on.
The Southeast Texas Young Professionals Organization (SETX YPO) is a Division of the Greater Beaumont Chamber of Commerce. SETX YPO is an organization of young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40, living in Hardin, Jefferson and Orange Counties, interested in making a difference in their community and networking with other young professionals with similar interests. Networking events are a great way to make professional connections, and we want to make sure you get the most out of YPO's monthly luncheons.